Wednesday 26 October 2011

The life of a Lady in Love

Bonjour, Je m'appelle Laura. I am a 27 year old lady having a love affair with all thangs vintage.

I have made this here blog to store and share pictures of my favourite frocks and outfits that I have been collecting and all my secrets on where I find my treasures.

My love affair is ripe with 1940's and 1950's glamour. From the Betty home maker look to the Hollywood starlet.

I find nothing more fulfilling than accessorising an outfit (minus my day job that supports this habit). From the shoes, what shade of lipstick I will plump my lips with to the jewels and all the way up to how I''m going to set my hair, Oh and to pin back with what clip or flower.
These are all decisions some would say are a chore that a gal faces on a daily basis. One that I adore.

Welcome to my world of all things Kitsch, all things full of love.


These are a few of my favourite items and some 'must haves' I believe a lady should have.

Dress : The dress I am wearing is a cute little number my mother had sewn for me from a vintage pattern, made with love and from an era where all garments were made to hug and love all the right spots.
The bolero I am wearing is from Route 66 in Melbourne. A great shop that makes amazing repo pieces. www.route66.com.au It's a lovely blend of mohair and wool and I believe every gal needs one in her wardrobe for those autumn nights when all you need is something on your shoulders to keep you cosy.

Cocktail Set : For all those hot summer days lazing by the pool with your girl friends or heating up the night with a martini in expectation of dancing the evening away with a handsome man. This one I picked up whilst in Cairns recently at a Vintage store owned and run by a Lovely Lady called Lucy. She collects lots of lovely goodies from around the country and sells them both in store and online. You just must check her out, you'll be in for a treat www.facebooks.com/Love-Lucy-Vintage-Botique

Jewels : Every lady must own a string of pearls and if you're lucky like me you can even have the matching bracelet and earrings. These ones I picked up on my last trip to Thailand. I bought them on the island of Phuket, real sea pearls, what a delight.

Powder room : We all know how adorable it feels to have a splash of perfume on you neck and a bright little pout. It's sure to turn the heads of every man you pass. I can easily say most ladies I know have a distinct scent which is of course labelled by a perfume. It's funny how that also sticks with you, I haven't seen some ol'friends for years but when I smell  certain perfume I instantly am reminded of them. I think I have about 4 favourite perfumes. This one is currently my favourite, my 'scent' and was picked up duty free on one of my trips this past year. Now lipsticks, this is something each boudoir should not be limited, I believe every outfit must have it's own shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment