Sunday 13 November 2011

Island Sundays

So this past weekend was spent (trying) to pack up my belongs to move, watching Broadwalk Empire, exploring the Island I have been living on and hanging with my nephew. I however had a huge burden on my shoulders, being that I had to study and write my speech for my accreditation of a course I attended in Cairns. I am to go back there in a week and anhalf to do this and with all the distractions (see above) it just wasn't getting done at home. So I packed my books in my car and went for a drive out to the side of the Island with all the pretty cafes, in hope of sitting there with a coffee and maybe some sugary treats and no distractions. Once I was there though, being a Sunday and the sleepy town that it is, everything was shut. So it was back home for me to pick up my little friend Batman and have a picnic in the park. So even though I didn't accomplish all I needed this weekend, it was still a blast.

Outfit: This dress I found at the Thrift store on North Stradbroke Island last year, how fitting as well, the sweet Hibiscus flower print, pastel colours, perfect for this Island gal. The belt I also found at the same thrift store and it matches in great, an outfit for under $5 nickels. My shoes I bought in Thailand, at this great market in a temple in Karon Beach (on the island of Phuket) which are only open on Tuesday's and Saturday's, they cost me all of 100bht which is around $3AU, so much love.

Accessories: The earrings I found online in a cute store on etsy : www.etsy.com/shop/belluga So sweet, I'm a sucker for anything nautical or silver so how could I pass them up. The bangles I have acquired all around the place. The red one I found last weekend at my local thrift store for a whole 30cents, the white ones I can't even remember, I think I found them in a pack with some red ones years ago in target, or one of those cheap jewellery stores. There are some great stores online (eBay also) that sell bulk bamboo style bangles that I just have to invest in soon, I have recently found a love for mismatched coloured bangles.

Pout: This is a sweet lipgloss that I wear day to day. It's Chanel 'Brilliant Le'vres shade 67'





How could I not share a picture of the ever lovely batman that I met in the park. This is my darling 4 year old nephew Archer. We sat all afternoon and talked about superhero's and what Danger is. Such a sweet little man. I especially loved how he asked me to slick back his hair like batman, fix his squished little nose from his magic mask and ask me to be his bat woman <3

No comments:

Post a Comment