Tuesday 31 January 2012

Fabulous Fridee's

There is something special that is in the air on Fridays. It doesn't matter what you have to do at work because you know at the end of the day you are free, if only for a couple of days, your free to dine, dance, shop, well do just whatever it takes to make your heart sparkle. Gosh even the long drives to work are so much easier, I find I will put on a more cheerier of records on this morning. Fridays are especially great when you have dinner dates that evening you look forward to. On this evening I was heading out with my younger brother, he is going into his final year of study to be a Graphic Designer and starts back at school on Monday, so dinner out to celebrate was due. We went to this cute pizza place in Brisvegas called Ribbetts which he frequents with his university friends. I then went home to a couple of sneaky and delightful glasses of wine and a plan to draw up a world map for our house..most weekends we have a 'travel night' where we dress, dine and drink as they do in our country of choice, so we are using a wall to showcase something really fun and special-stay tuned.

Outfit: This dress is not only vintage but is very special to me in a vintage way. My Nanna made it for herself to wear to my uncles wedding in the 1970's. She always made the most beautiful clothes. When I was a child I would always head down to stay at her place for the school holidays, she lived in the country not to far from the Northern NSW coast and it was the most beautiful spot. Anyway she would always have a new set of Pyjamas and a new frock waiting for me, all that she would have made herself. This dress is so cute, it's lined beautifully, has a crocheted peter pan collar and itsy bitsy shoulder pads to give that classic 1940's shape to it. I have added a belt to bring the waist shape in a bit more, another thrift store find. My shoes are by the magnificent Melissa . I have a couple of pairs of shoes she did in with collaboration with Vivienne Westwood, these gorgeous jelly wedges are however part of her own line. They are so comfortable and I just adore the hearts on the peep toe.

Accessories: This bag I picked up at a cute little boutique on my last trip to New York City last February. My most favourite place to shop, there is something for every taste and mood in that city. It is clearly a rip-off of the Chanel style but I was happier to dish out an 8th of the price and spend the rest at Tiffany and Co.
The perfume I wore on this day is the first fragrance bought out by my longest standing and favourite icon Mrs Gwen Stefani. It's called 'L' by Gwen Stefani , it's a floral scent with a hint of musk, fresh and fancy. My hair clips were part of a gift from my sister as I was her Maid of Honour for her wedding,unsure where she got them from, I enjoy having something pretty and bejewelled like this to pin my hair back opposed to boring 'ol bobby pins.

Pout: The lipstick I am wearing here is shade 'Alarm #170' by Rimmel . I say you can never have too many shades of red, and believe me there are many many shades to play with. Nothing better to target your inner vixen than with some pouty prominent red vivacious lips.




This is my lovely brother and myself out at dinner. Ain't he just the dandiest!

No comments:

Post a Comment