Tuesday 3 January 2012

Tantalising Tropics

So as we can all tell I picked a terrible time to start a blog. In all honesty it has been on my mind to post all my little treasures everyday for the past month but between moving and travelling around the place for work my tired little paws just couldn't get it together.
It's ok though, beware this Ladeh of Love is back with a vengeance and it so happens to be a new year, so happiest of new years to all the lovers that stumble by this here blog. I hope you all welcomed it in with copious glasses of champagne and many a kisses. Let's also hope you all have a year filled with love and adventures and all things pretty (men included).
So as mentioned I was away for work. I was lucky enough to have a couple of paid trips to Cairns in far north Queensland to complete a little certificate in Positive Parenting to add to my ever growing resume as a Nurse. The second time round trip I packed my darling mother in my suitcase and we headed up a few days earlier pre accreditation and exams for the above mentioned course. Between wining and dining, exploring the beautiful hills of Kuranda, a sunset cruise on a yacht around Port Douglas, bicycle rides around the coastline and a road trip out to Mossman Gorge in the Daintree Rainforest I of course paid a couple of trips to my new found love of vintage stores in Cairns. Such a delight. I can't wait to take my group of lady friends up there sometime this year and show them all the wonders I have found.

Outfit: This skirt is one of my all time favourite pieces in my wardrobe. Anything Hawaiian and Aloha tempts my heart. An old flame used to work at this devine store based in Melbourne Route 66, I purchased this one when we lived down there a few years ago. It's a must visit and if you're lucky a must live in city once in your life, so much love,warmth & fun oozes from that place. This Tee was a thrift store purchase sometime last year at one that I can not remember. My shoes were also a vintage find in a thrift store in Capalaba which is in south east Brisbane. There are a bunch of stores within a block of each other that both stock amazing cutsey home wares and shoes, my loves.

Accessories: The earrings I found in you guessed it, another op shop. That's what I love about them though, the assortment of trashy plastic jewellery you can pick up for nothing over 20 to 50 cents. Cheap enough to have a pair in ever shade. My watch was a golden find on eBay I was searching for bamboo bangles and came across this little gem. Always need a watch so you can keep track of when it's cocktail hour. 

Pout: This is a new delight I picked up on my trip. Max Factor Colour Elixir shade ' 715' Ruby Tuesday.




No comments:

Post a Comment